iClicker Student App Setup Guide
You can use your smartphone to participate in iClicker attendance, polling, quizzing, and assignment activities in class using the iClicker Student App. Please note, there is a 14-day free trial period. Afterward, you will need to pay to continue using the polling, quizzing, and assignment features in your course. However, the Attendance Only option is free, so you will not have to pay if your class is only using iClicker for attendance. Please see iClicker's Student App Purchasing & Participation Options article for up-to-date pricing information.
Depending on whether your instructor is using iClicker Classic or iClicker Cloud, connecting your Canvas account with your iClicker Reef account may be different. Please follow the directions on downloading the app below and if you're using iClicker Cloud please view the directions on syncing your Canvas account with Reef.
How to add the app and begin using it for iClicker polling sessions
- Download the Reef polling app from the App Store for an iOS device, or the Google Play store for an Android device.
- Open the Reef app and select the sign up option at the bottom right
- Type Florida State University into the search field at the top of the screen and select it from the list of results.
- Next, enter all the necessary information in the registration field below*
*Student ID is necessary for iClicker Classic users only. It is very important to keep in mind your Student ID is not your FSUID. In the Student ID field, type in your user pk number. To access your user pk number:
- Enter the Canvas course where your instructor is using iClicker polling
- Click on People on the course navigation menu on the left
- From the People list, click on your own name.
- A new page will load. In the URL at the top, the user pk is the number listed after /users/ Please see the image below for reference:
- Once you've registered, log back in and skip the step to register an iClicker remote.
- Select the + icon in the top right of the Reef course menu to add a course.
- Enter the course name, then select the course from the search results list.
Before a polling session begins in class, open the Reef app, log in, and select the course in the Reef course menu. Once your instructor opens the polling session, you can immediately start the polling session.
For any questions or concerns about the registration process or participating in an iClicker polling session with the Reef app, please visit iClicker Reef Student Application.
iClicker Cloud: Syncing your Reef account with Canvas
- Access your course within Canvas and click the iClicker Sync button within the course menu.
- Click Launch iClicker Reef.
- Sign in using the account you created while downloading the Reef mobile app in the steps above.
- Your Reef account is now linked with Canvas!