How to add another email address to your Canvas account
Adding another email addresss to your Canvas account is crucial if you forward your FSU emails to another address, such as an @bio.fsu.edu address or an @gmail.com address. These email addresses MUST be added to your Canvas account in order for you to successfully reply to a Canvas email notification using that email account. If you do not do this, your reply won't actually send.
- Log in to Canvas.
- Select the Account icon on the garnet global navigation menu on the left.
- Select Settings from the account options that appear.
- On the right-hand side of the settings page, select the +Email Address link under the "Ways to Contact" heading.
- Type the email address that you want to add into the text field and then click the garnet Register Email button. Canvas will send a confirmation link to the email address that you just added.
- Log in to the email account that you just added to Canvas (e.g., an @bio.fsu.edu address) and click the link in the confirmation email to finish registering this additional address. Keep in mind, you may need to check your junk email folder if you do not see the Canvas confirmation email in your inbox.
If you need Canvas to resend the confirmation link, follow steps 1 -3 above to navigate back to your account email settings. Then, click the Re-Send Confirmation link for this additional (e.g., @bio.fsu.edu) email address.