How to publish audio/video to your course's Media Gallery
Once your media files have been uploaded to Kaltura and are in your My Media page, you can publish them to your course's Media Gallery. This is also known as the Course Media page.
In addition to the directions below, you can also view Kaltura's How to use Course Media Gallery video tutorial for an overview of how the Media Gallery works:
Publishing videos to your course Media Gallery
- Go to your My Media page.
- Scroll down to the media file you would like to publish and click the checkbox on the left of the thumbnail for the video. If you want to add multiple media files, simply checkbox any additional ones.
- Once you have selected the desired media, scroll back up to the top of the page. In the upper right, you will see a button called Actions. Click this button.
- This will cause a drop-down menu to appear. Click the + Publish button.
- This screen is where you select which course's Media Gallery you would like to post your media to. The first options allow you to set either or not the video will be Private (visible only to the owner of the video) or Published (visible to anyone with access to that course's Media Gallery) when it's added to the desired Gallery.
- Once you have selected a publication option, head down the screen a bit. Here, you will see your list of courses that have Media Gallery activated. Check the courses that you would like to add media to, checking more than one if desired.
- Once you have selected the appropriate courses, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
- The publishing process may take a moment or two. When it is completed, you will see a green bar indicating that the media was successfully published.