How to opt in to paper evaluations
The following steps will assist you in opting in to paper evaluations.
To opt in to paper, please access the following link: Paper Evaluation Opt-in.
Note: Your FSUID and password will be required to log in.
You should see a welcome page similar to the image below. (Feel free to click the images for an expanded view.)
- Please read the text in the Welcome to Paper! box and click OK when finished. You will work your way through a total of four welcome pages, clicking OK on each.
After working through the Welcome to Paper! acknowledgements, you'll land on an Order Forms page.
- From the Order Forms page, select the desired course term. If you have more than one role (instructor and coordinator, for example), you will see more than one listing.
All eligible (face-to-face) courses will display in a list.
Note: Distance, online, and international programs courses will not appear in the list as they are not eligible for paper evaluations.
- Scroll through the list and identify any courses or sections with an enrollment fewer than five. For these to be evaluated, they need to be combined until the combined enrollment totals more than five.
- To combine courses or course sections, identify a “main” section with which other sections or courses should be evaluated.
- Click combine in the column to the left of the course number. A pop-up window will appear enabling you to combine sections or courses.
- If there are other eligible sections to combine, they will appear in a table by course number. Check the checkbox next to the sections you want to combine. The Total Number of Forms field will update to the combined enrollment number. You can manually change the number of forms you want to order.
When finished, click Combine & Submit, and your order will be placed.
You can combine sections only when multiple sections of a course are taught at the same time by the same instructor and in the same delivery format. If there are no other eligible sections to combine, text in the pop-up window will either let you know, “You do not have any other sections to combine with this section” or, if there are other courses taught by the same instructor and in the same delivery format, ask you if you’d like to “Show other courses with different course number?”
- To combine courses, click the Show other courses with different course number? button.
A table will display listing courses you can combine.
- Check the checkbox next to the course(s) you want to combine. The Total Number of Forms field will update to the combined enrollment number. You can manually change the number of forms you want to order.
When finished, click Combine & Submit, and your order will be placed. A pop-up window will confirm your submission, listing the combined sections or courses.
Once you have combined courses or sections, an edit button replaces the combine button, and the Paper Evaluation column will show the symbol to indicate the main course or section and the symbol to indicate the course(s) or section(s) that have been included with it.
- After you have combined courses or sections with enrollments fewer than five, check the box in the Paper Evaluation column for each course you wish to opt in to paper evaluations. The Forms Ordered field will automatically populate with the number of enrollments for that course and section. You can adjust the number of forms ordered manually. Click Submit when you are finished with your order.
- To cancel an existing request, uncheck the corresponding check box.
- To separate previously combined sections, click edit for the main course and section. A pop-up window will appear displaying the course number for the main section as well as a table of any included courses or sections. Uncheck the corresponding check box for each course or section you wish to separate. Or, you may delete the entire combined order by clicking on the Delete the combined order link at the top right of the pop-up window.
To combine sections after having placed individual requests, you must first cancel the individual requests.
Remember to save changes to your order by scrolling to the bottom of the order page and clicking the Submit button.
Note: If a course or section is listed in the wrong format you must contact your department's academic coordinator to have the information changed in the Registrar's Course Schedule Master.